Friday 2 April, 2010

Chickens again

I have been in Laos for three weeks now. There are just few days when I had slept well. It is not anxiety, stress, ill health or too many night activities which have denied me of a good night's sleep. The two legged birds of the dining table have become the bane of my life.
It is unusual for me to sleep at the unearthly hour of 9 or 10 PM normally. But in Laos most of the villages , we stayed in did not have electricity and when the laptop battery gives up , i have nothing else to do but fall asleep. So far so good.
Cuckarocokho: I groggigigigily look at my clock - what , it is only 3.30 AM The roosters here have the loudest voice and it seems as if they are in my room trying their best to wake me up. I tried ear plugs, clamping my head down with a huge pillow; HmHumm nothing works. I could not wish this dutiful cock away because he sets his snooze for every 15minutes.
Here I am waking up every morning as if i have never been to sleep.Tomorrow I leave for the Capital. I am sure the Urban setting will alienate the Avian from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment